PRAYER IS FOR MAKING REQUESTS
- Psalms 20:5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our GOD we will set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all thy petitions.
- 1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications (requests), prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
PRAYER IS FOR THANKSGIVING
- Psalms 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.
PRAYER IS FOR WORSHIP
- Hebrews 13:15-16 By Him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to GOD continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name. But to do good and to communicate forget not, for with such sacrifices GOD is well pleased.
- Psalms 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
- Psalms 113:3 From the rising of the sun unto the going down of the same the LORD’s name is to be praised.
-Must be from the heart, not just words
- Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto Me with their mouth, and honoureth Me with their lips; But their heart is far from Me.
PRAYER IS FOR CONFESSION
- 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
PRAYER ACKNOWLEDGES OUR DEPENDENCE ON THE LORD
- Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; But in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto GOD.
-Pray with thanksgiving. Do not be without gratitude.
PRAYER REPLACES WORRY AND STRESS
- 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon Him; For He careth for you.
- Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.